[Paraview] ParaView python vs VTK python api (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Wed Aug 6 16:03:14 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi Andy,

Thanks... I will dig into it...

Thanks
-simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Bauer [mailto:andy.bauer at kitware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 3:54 PM
To: Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US)
Cc: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] ParaView python vs VTK python api (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hi Simon,

There is more information at
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Python_Programmable_Filter. The ParaView Python
API is meant for the client side of ParaView while the VTK Python API is meant
for the server side. You can mix and match a bit by using Fetch() (see
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting for more details) where
you start on the client with the ParaView Python API and then "fetch" the
output from a filter to the client to be able to do VTK Python API stuff on
VTK objects. For big jobs in parallel though this fetch operation can
overwhelm the client with memory use.

Regards,
Andy

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US)