[Paraview] Reader ctors called multiple times?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Aug 5 11:02:24 EDT 2014

Burlen's got it right. I am curious why the plugin was only called once.
Maybe there is no CanReadFile() or no file extension collision of something
like that in one case but not the other?

Mark: ProcessRequest() calls RDO(), RI(), and RD() (in that order) only
after paraview creates the instance that it will actually use to read the
file with. All are typically only called once, unless some parameter on the
reader changes. If RD is called more often check to see if image based
extents are mismatched.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer