[Paraview] Reader ctors called multiple times?

Vanmoer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 4 17:04:27 EDT 2014

Hello ParaView,

I've inherited a project that writes plugins for ParaView 3.14.1, serial. While debugging I found out that the constructor for one of this project's file readers is called 3 times when loading a file. I thought this was odd, so I tried setting a break point on vtkUnstructuredGridReader's ctor and discovered that it's called twice. However, a constructor for vtk source plugin that I wrote is only called once, as I would have guessed for the others.

Is it normal for readers to have their constructors called multiple times when loading a file?

Thanks,
Mark