[Paraview] ParaView + Catalyst - effort estimation (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Mon Aug 4 16:29:52 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hello,

>From a tutorial I attended on ParaView + Catalyst, I sort of get the idea of
all the parts involved. However, from effort point of view, on an average
case, how many man hours would be estimated to develop a Catalyst Bridge and
get it to work in ParaView for a homegrown discrete element method code
written in python with some functionality in wrapped fortran, but the data
needed for visualization is exposed to python? Just a ballpark guess
(min/max would be nice). I want to know how big of a project I am getting
myself into... :)

Thanks
-simon