[Paraview] Help in visualization cube and vtk files simultaneously

Brian Chen bchen at sjgeophysics.com
Mon Apr 28 18:16:55 EDT 2014

Hi Pablo,
I had similar issues with displaying isosurfaces and points (survey
stations, in my cases) in the same 3D view. When the two objects were
loaded for the first time, their relative location looks fine. However,
when you save the state, and open the pvsm state file, you would see the
stations offset quit a bit and not at the same scale.

This is a bug. My temp solution is go to the Pipe line browser, select
the points/stations, under the properties panel, change Representation
from "Surface" to "Surface With Edges".
Hopefully, this could make your critical points and isosurfaces plotted
on the right spot.

Cheers,
Brian

On 14-04-28 12:48 PM, Pablo Carpio wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My name is Pablo Carpio, I am trying to visualize an isosurfaces of a
> scalar field with their respective critical points in ParaView. I am
> using a .cube file for the isosurfaces and a .vtk file for the
> critical points but the problem is that when I try to visualize both
> files at the same time I see the isosurfaces bigger than the critical
> points, actually it seems as if ParaView plot the files independently.
>
> The desire result is to visualize the isosufaces and their critical
> points superposed with the same scale and sharing the same coordinates.
>
> I will really appreciate your help
>

> Best regards!

Brian Chen, P.Geo.
bchen at sjgeophysics.com