[Paraview] loading vtu files crashes paraview in parallel

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Apr 16 14:42:10 EDT 2014

It's unclear if the readers are being deleted and their memory
released based on what you say and hence not sure what could be
causing the problem. Another thing to try maybe the following:

+ Create a .vtm file that refers all of the vtu files. Attached file
shows the format. just add <DataSet /> elements for each of the files
with correct index. Note the file paths are relative to the vtm file.
+ Now open this and contour it. In parallel, ParaView will read each
vtu file separately on each of the processes.

Utkarsh