[Paraview] Multiple pieces unstructured grid

George Zagaris george.zagaris at kitware.com
Sat Apr 12 17:19:44 EDT 2014

Hi Max,

I tend to store different "pieces" in a vtkMultiBlockDataSet instance and I
write the dataset using the vtkXMLPMultiBlockDataWriter. Then, within
ParaView, I use the "Multi-Block Inspector" (under the View menu) to
select, turn on/off different blocks.

I am not sure if there is a way to name the blocks from the UI. However, I
think you can do it programmatically when constructing the multi-block
dataset with something like this:

mbds->GetMetaData( blockIdx )->Set( vtkCompositeDataSet::NAME(),
"<SomeName>");

Cheers,
George