[Paraview] Open tecplot data format using paraview

Huangwei hz283 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 30 19:10:41 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Now I have a tecplot file *.tec which can be displayed correctly. This mesh
is 3D fields for an unstructured mesh. There are six quantities, three
coordinates x, y, z, and three physical quantities. The three physical
quantities are stored at the cell centroids because I use finite volume
method. The header is like this

TITLE="CFDmesh"
VARIABLES="X","Y","Z","t1","t2","t3"
ZONE N=27546, E=141356 ,DATAPACKING=BLOCK, ZONETYPE=FETETRAHEDRON
VARLOCATION=([1-3]=NODAL)
VARLOCATION=([4-6]=CELLCENTERED)

When I open this file using the option Tecplot file (ViSit), I failed and
there is no any image displayed in paraview. Does any body know how can I
correctly this kind of tecplot in paraview? I use paraview 4.0.1. Thank you
very much.

best regards,
Huangwei