[Paraview] My own filter as part of pipeline for coprocessing raises "name not defined" error

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Thu Sep 26 15:40:48 EDT 2013

Thanks! I did put my plugin inside ParaView/Plugins in the same way as other Plugins, and enabled it when building ParaView superbuild on Titan. I can see the static lib for the Plugin is built in paraview-build/lib directory. And yes, I did use a plugin and load it via Tools|Manage Plugins when creating python coprocessing script. However, it looks like my plugin is not loaded automatically even though it is built by ParaView superbuild. Perhaps I should still follow the link http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Plugins_in_Static_Applications but I am having some difficulty in following the info in the link to do what is suggested. Specifically, to what file should I insert two macros? It does not sound right to insert them into my custom plugin cxx file. Where should I add two macros to get my custom filter plugin to be loaded and wrapper into python module? I see "LoadPlugin" function defined in simple.py to call servermanager.LoadPlugin(filename, remote) which I am thinking perhaps should be called to load my plugin before my python coprocessing script is executed, but not sure whether this is the case or not.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hong