[Paraview] My own filter as part of pipeline for coprocessing raises "name not defined" error

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Wed Sep 25 21:16:33 EDT 2013

Hello,

I set up a pipeline that used a custom filter I developed and exported it as a python script for coprocessing. I have made sure the static library for my custom filter is built and available in paraview-build/lib directory, and I have also linked this custom filter static library along with Catalyst libs to the simulation code for coprocessing. However, when I run the simulation linked with ParaView coprocessing for in-situ visualization, I got "NameError: name 'MyCustomizedFilterName' is not defined" error when the line of my customized filter in my python coprocessing script is read in for pipeline coprocessing. What should I do to get my custom filter wrapped in python so that it can be recognized and used as part of the python pipeline script for coprocessing? Any advice and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hong