[Paraview] Delaunay 3D filter too slow

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 24 11:01:40 EDT 2013

Your options are probably either to wait or do something else. Delaunay triangulation is a pretty heavyweight operation and in general it is not trivial to impose a topology on a collection of points.

You might rethink whether you really need to create a solid sphere in the first place. I'm guessing you have at least around 100,000 points (or else Delaunay probably would not be that slow). If you just render these points as a cloud of points, you should get enough occlusion for it to look pretty much like a sphere.

-Ken