[Paraview] Points Movements - Kilometrical extension x metrical movement

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 19 17:41:06 EDT 2013

I don't think there is any filter to automatically convert between spherical and Cartesian (although perhaps there should be). I usually just use the calculator filter. Turn on the Coordinate Results option (it is advanced) and use the following expression:

coordsZ*(cos(0.01745*coordsX)*cos(0.01745*coordsY)*iHat + sin(0.01745*coordsX)*cos(0.01745*coordsY)*jHat + sin(0.01745*coordsY)*kHat)

If your coordinates are lon,lat,elevation and in degrees, then this should give you the right result.

-Ken