[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Volume rendering of structured/regular grid

Urban Simoncic urban.simoncic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 10:44:40 EDT 2013

My image is a PET image of size 128×128×35, saved in Analyze format. I
can open it, but I can't select the representation to be "volume". I can
"Tetrahedralize" it, but than the interaction with viewer is terribly
slow, obviously because of memory footprint.

Does the ParaView have (or should have) algorithm for volume rendering
of uniform rectilinear grid? Does the VTK have such algorithms? I
thought (although could not understand the rationale behind) that the
ParaView has only algorithm for volume rendering of unstructured grid
because I am not able to do volume rendering on any of my medical images
and because I found this paper:
http://www.sandia.gov/~kmorel/documents/ParallelVolRen.pdf

Thanks,
Urban