[Paraview] State file .py

Hedieh Ebrahimi hedieh.ebrahimi at amphos21.com
Wed Oct 30 10:07:37 EDT 2013

Here is one of my state files with associated error:
Python 2.7.3 (default, Jun 16 2013, 20:21:46) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)]
on win32

from paraview.simple import *

paraview version 4.0.1

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 5, in <module>

NameError: name 'CreateRenderView' is not defined

Could it have anything to do with Python version? ParaView seems to be
using Python 2.7.3 which i guess comes with ParaView. Is ParaView using its
own Python?

I am saying this because by default I have  Python 3.2.5 installed.
any ideas?