[Paraview] State file .py

Hedieh Ebrahimi hedieh.ebrahimi at amphos21.com
Wed Oct 30 08:34:23 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am using ParaView 4.0.1 64 bit Release version.

When i try to save a statefile as .py it saves correctly, but when I try to
open the same state file again using the same ParaView i get the following
error.

ERROR: In
C:\DBD\pvs-x64\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\IO\XMLParser\vtkXMLParser.cxx,
line 483

vtkPVXMLParser (000000000A864BC0): Error parsing XML in stream at line 1,
column 0, byte index 0: syntax error

Root does not exist. Either state file could not be opened or it does not
contain valid xml

If I save my pipeline state as .pvsm file, I can re-open it correctly and I
am just having this problem with .py state files.

Does anybody know how I could fix this problem?

Thanks in Advance,