[Paraview] paraview python error: Cannot import vtkPVServerManagerApplicationPython paraview version 4.0.1

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Tue Oct 29 19:13:12 EDT 2013

Hello,
I am running the paraview 4.0.1 binary on my Mac and when I went to tools --> Python Shell, a new window pops up with the following output which looks bad to me.
Since I have never done any paraview python scripting, I wonder if someone can tell me if this is normal.  It looks rather serious to me, as I can imagine vtkPVServerManagerApplicationPython is important.  Am I wrong?
Thanks.

Python 2.6.7 (r267:88850, Oct 11 2012, 20:15:00)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.0 (tags/Apple/clang-418.0.60)] on darwin
from paraview.simple import *

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory