[Paraview] Loading Multiple VTU Files

Lesleis Nagy l.nagy at ed.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 13:20:03 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm currently attempting to use paraview to load multiple vtu files for the purposes of animation. My files are numbered in sequence (for example phi004509000000.vtu) however when I attempt to load them in to paraview they do not appear in the order that I would expect (i.e. in sequence). It seems that this problem only occurs when I have more than approximately 1000 files. Is this a known issue with paraview and if so could someone suggest a work around to allow me to load 1000+ vtu files so that I can create an animation?

My current platform is OSX Mountain Lion and I'm using paraview version: 4.0.1 64-bit.

Kind regards
Les

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.