[Paraview] Plugin: error at runtime: failure for request: vtkInformation

Sébastien Blaise sebastien.blaise at uclouvain.be
Wed Oct 23 05:13:23 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I wrote a plugin wrote to visualize high-order data by recursively
splitting the elements. It is available here:
http://perso.uclouvain.be/sebastien.blaise/vtkPlugin/HighOrder.zip
http://perso.uclouvain.be/sebastien.blaise/tools.html

Since version 3.98 (I think) of Paraview, I get the following error
during runtime:
ERROR: In
/home/sblaise/ParaView-v4.0.1-source/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 754
vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0x7797b50): Algorithm
vtkHighOrder(0x77ea510) returned failure for request: vtkInformation
(0x7791550)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 398315
Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none)
Request: REQUEST_DATA
FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

The plugin works well despite the error, but this is kind of annoying. I
tried to write an empty plugin that does nothing, and I get the same
error, so I may have missed something when initializing the plugin.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Sébastien