[Paraview] Please help to understand the live mode of Catalyst

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Oct 21 15:18:13 EDT 2013

Hi Hong,

pvserver is NOT needed in order for the ParaView client GUI to connect live
to a Catalyst enabled simulation run. In certain cases users may want to be
able to connect a client to a separate pvserver and have that server
connect to a Catalyst enabled simulation. I haven't tried that but Sandia
has investigated work along those lines.

Regards,
Andy