[Paraview] Starting ParaViewWeb from a web application

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Oct 21 11:33:32 EDT 2013

Hi Pawel,

I think for 1) you put a data-dir that contains too much files hence a
complain about a text message too large.

For 2, you can change to command line with an argument that contain the
file to load instead of a directory.

Seb

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Pawel Kwiecien <noremy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Seb,
> thanks for your help, I can run now ParaViewWeb with Jetty Session
> Manager. However, once again I have two questions:
> 1) With Jetty Session Manager I can run properly run LiveArticles example
> in the browser. However, when I try to start WebVisualizer I get the
> following error in the command line:
> 2013-10-20 23:06:50.607:WARN:oejw.WebSocketConnectionRFC6455:Text message
> too large > 2097152 chars for SCEP at 5e2b2b16{l(localhost/127.0.0.1:9100
> )<->r(/127.0.0.1:52037),d=true,open=true,ishut=false,oshut=false,rb=false,wb=false,w=true,i=1r}-{WebSocketClientConnection
> p=WebSocketParserRFC6455 at 5961d5f7 state=DATA buffer=
> g=WebSocketGeneratorRFC6455 at 262678f9 closed=false buffer=-1}
>
> Do you know how to solve it and how to run WebVisualizer app?
>
> 2) When I start a web-server locally (not with jetty session, simply as
> described here: http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaViewWeb) I can enter
> WebVisualizer example. In the deafult WebVisualizer app, there's a this
> control panel on the left hand side where all data files are listed. After
> selecting e.g. RectGrid2.vtk, it's loaded into viewport-container. I would
> like to automatically render a specific file, e.g. RectGrid2.vtk, when I
> enter WebVisualizer.
> I can't find in the code respective method that is responsible for that.
> Can you guide me how to load a specific file into viewport-container from
> the code?
>
> Thanks!
> Pawel
>

> On 16 October 2013 11:42, Sebastien Jourdain <
> sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pawel,
>>
>> if you run "java -jar JettySessionManager-Server-1.0.jar" with no
>> argument you should see what the configuration file should be. I guess, you
>> may need to provide a valid pw.factory.proxy.adapter as well as a valid
>> path for the creation of a file for pw.factory.proxy.adapter.file.
>>
>> It is true, that those options should not be mandatory.
>>
>> Seb
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Pawel Kwiecien <noremy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Seb,
>>> thank you for your previous answer. So I'm trying to follow the steps
>>> from
>>> http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/jetty_session_manager
>>>
>>> However, I'm having problems with a jetty configuration file, namely:
>>> 1)
>>>
>>> # Process command: pipeline_manager.py | pipeline# ==================================================
>>> pw.pipeline.cmd=./bin/pvpython ../src/Web/Python/pipeline_manager.py --data-dir /Data --port PORT
>>> pw.pipeline.cmd.run.dir=/.../paraview-build/
>>> pw.pipeline.cmd.map=PORT:getPort
>>>
>>> In the latest src there's no pipeline_manager.py. I've seen that it was
>>> renamed to pv_web_visualizer.py, but I only have it in build folder (not in
>>> src), so these lines look in my case:

>>> pw.visualizer.cmd=./bin/pvpython ./lib/site-packages/paraview/web/pv_web_visualizer.py --data-dir /Data --port PORT
>>> pw.visualizer.cmd.run.dir=/.../paraview-build/
>>> pw.visualizer.cmd.map=PORT:getPort
>>>
>>> Is that right?
>>>
>>> 2) When I start jetty session manager with a command: java -jar
>>> JettySessionManager-Server-1.0.jar config.properties I get the following