[Paraview] Programmable Filter Help, Part 2

dennis_conklin at goodyear.com dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Fri Oct 18 07:58:49 EDT 2013

Andy,

A typical rookie mistake.   I was combining composite data set examples
and non-composite examples from the wiki, and I got my output and my block
intermixed.  It's very obvious now that you pointed it out.

Thanks very much, that works fine now.

One question if I may:  since Nodes (or points) are common to multiple
blocks at block boundaries I'm surprised that something strange didn't
happen when I assigned PointData to some points multiple times - once for
each block they are contained in.  It also seems strange that there isn't
some master POINTS array of all points in the composite data set that I
could have operated on, especially as I did nothing to the cells and it
seems the blocks are mostly a cell thing.   Am I missing something there?
How are points common to different blocks handled?

Thanks again

Dennis Conklin
RDE & Q Senior Engineer
Engineering Mechanics