[Paraview] Has Paraview been ported to BlueGene/L,P or Q?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Oct 7 11:17:11 EDT 2013

I just pushed a working BlueGeneQ config to ParaViewSuperbuild for review:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/3393/

I you check it out (either from the link above or in a few days from
ParaViewSuperBuild directly) you should be able to build on Mira. On other
BlueGeneQ's you will need to change compiler and library paths to match
your machine's setup. Once you do get it working on your machine, please
post your config to the Paraview developers mailing list so that we can
commit it as a machine specific variant of this one.

My tools config script:
soft add +mpiwrapper-xl
soft add +cmake-2.8.11.1
cmake \
 -D ParaView_FROM_GIT:BOOL=OFF \
 -D cross_target:STRING=bgq_gnu \
 -D CROSS_BUILD_STAGE:STRING=TOOLS \
 -D ENABLE_paraview:BOOL=ON \
 -D ENABLE_boost:BOOL=ON \
 -D ENABLE_python:BOOL=ON \
../ParaViewSuperbuild
make

My cross config script:
soft add +mpiwrapper-gcc
soft add +cmake-2.8.11.1
cmake \
 -D ParaView_FROM_GIT:BOOL=OFF \
 -D cross_target:STRING=bgq_gnu \
 -D CROSS_BUILD_STAGE:STRING=CROSS \
 -D ENABLE_paraview:BOOL=ON \
 -D ENABLE_python:BOOL=ON \
 ../ParaViewSuperbuild
make

Note there is also an XLC compiler target (bgq_xlc), that I could not quite
get to work. It fails at the link stage. Bonus points will be given to
whoever fixes the TOC link error to fix it.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive