[Paraview] ParaViewWeb rendering performance

Den Fairol den.fairol at infovalley.net.my
Fri Nov 29 03:38:19 EST 2013

Hi,

How can I improve the surface rendering performance of ParaViewWeb (besides
tweaking the still/interactive-image quality settings)? I could get a decent
FPS (26+/-) on ParaView (as depicted below) and ~50% decrease is naturally
expected when ported to ParaViewWeb (based on volume rendering of some
voxels). Unfortunately, the performance drop is much more critical than
initially presumed as I could barely scoop out 1 FPS. Do note that both
client and server are executed locally (i.e. if I launched the client
through a VM or remotely, then the low FPS will be further aggravated). The
dataset specifications are included at the bottom.