[Paraview] Problem in setting up data/render server model

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Nov 27 10:41:40 EST 2013

What are the two outputs you are getting from dataserver and
renderserver? The idea is that you can then combine the two to pass on
to the  ParaView client. ParaView takes care of communicating the
data-server/render-server information between each other e.g.

# On Hera
> ./pvdataserver
Waiting for client...
Connection URL: cdsrs://hera:11111/<render-server-hostname>:22221
Accepting connection(s): hera:11111

# On Mera
> ./pvrenderserver
Waiting for client...
Connection URL: cdsrs://<data-server-hostname>:11111/mera:22221
Accepting connection(s): hera:22221

Now run paraview as:
> ./paraview -url=cdsrs://hera:11111/mera:22221

Utkarsh