[Paraview] Paraview's initial directory when using multicore

Daniel Bruno danielbruno at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 10:08:26 EST 2013

Hello all.

I'm using Paraview 4.0.1 on a Linux box and I'm used to start it through
the command line. First I cd to my working directory and then I issue the
command to start Paraview. In doing this when I want to open my data, the
open file dialog is already pointing at the directory where I want to load
my files.

The problem I'm facing is that when I set Paraview to use multicore support
the above procedure doesn't work anymore. I mean no matter from where I
issue the command to start Paraview, it'll always point to my HOME
directory.

This happens because after modifying the setup to use multicore,
Paraview execution
command is implicitly modified
to  "/opt/ParaView-4.0.1-Linux-64bit/lib/paraview-4.0/mpiexec" "-np" "4"
"/opt/ParaView-4.0.1-Linux-64bit/lib/paraview-4.0/pvserver"
"--server-port=34506".

Is there any workaround for setting the working directory the same as from
where the initialization command was issued? I could not think about any
solution for this because in Linux Paraview is direct callled by its main
executable, paraview, that is a binary file and not a shell script that I
could be able to modify.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Daniel.