[Paraview] ParaViewWeb slice representation

Den Fairol den.fairol at infovalley.net.my
Wed Nov 27 00:30:52 EST 2013

Hi,

How can we achieve multiple slice views (i.e. XY, YZ, XZ planes, see
embedded snapshot) under ParaViewWeb? Is it going to be as simple as
exposing the 'Slice' representation to ParaViewWeb's API and link them all
up to three separate viewports or a more complex approach is needed (i.e.
using the 'Slice' filter which is readily available in ParaViewWeb). I'm
guessing, it won't be as efficient as the 'simple' solution because the
filter need to be reapplied many times over when we transverse across  the
object. But then again, still guessing, it would be harder (if it is even
possible) to animate the slices if we opt for the 'simple' solution
(animating the 'complex solution':
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2010-January/015286.html). The
ultimate goal is to have a multi-planar view with animation function.

Best Regards,

Den