[Paraview] why when contouring by density does a color plot of density show more than one color?

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Tue Nov 26 18:41:52 EST 2013

That makes sense
Thanks!

On Nov 25, 2013, at 2:35 AM, David E DeMarle <dave.demarle at kitware.com<mailto:dave.demarle at kitware.com>> wrote:

I don't think so.
If you color by the point aligned density it should be all one color.
Coloring by cell aligned density will show variation due to the averaging used to create values on the points.
Show surfaces with edges mode, zoom in, and try selection labeling to see the variation on a small patch.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive