[Paraview] SOLVED: Another paraview x3d export question: pale pale colors output -- how do I hack the x3d exporter?

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 25 14:53:02 EST 2013

Cool, now I have to figure out how to get rid of the cracks in my images and I'll be all set.

On Nov 25, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com<mailto:utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>>
 wrote:

Ah! I think the problem boils down to X3D exporter not exporting cell-data correctly. I've reported a bug: http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=14423

Thanks for figuring this out :).
Utkarsh

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Cook, Rich <cook47 at llnl.gov<mailto:cook47 at llnl.gov>> wrote:
It seems as though in the "bad x3d export" case with garbled colors, I had selected the "pressure as zones" coloring method:

<ParaViewScreenSnapz002.jpg>

This does not play well with point data apparently.  Here is what I get in blender (in paraview it looks fine):

<BlenderScreenSnapz002.jpg>

When I changed this to "color by pressure as nodes":

<ParaViewScreenSnapz001.jpg>

The export looks coherent and properly colored in blender:

<BlenderScreenSnapz001.jpg>

Although I know I should not color nodal data by zones for optimal behavior, if the GUI is going to let me do this, I would argue that all hell should not break loose.  :-)

Anyhow, workaround found, problem solved, etc.
Thanks!

On Nov 25, 2013, at 10:18 AM, "Cook, Rich" <cook47 at llnl.gov<mailto:cook47 at llnl.gov>>