[Paraview] Blog: Using the Color Map Editor panel in ParaView 4.1

Marco Nawijn nawijn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 05:26:10 EST 2013

Hi Utkarsh,

Thanks a lot for these nice and instructive blog posts. This is a very
useful capability for me.

As a side note, an additional nice feature would be, to create an exploded
view in Paraview
based on the values corresponding to the categorical color maps. Something
like
the shrink filter, but than not by cell, but by group of cells. This is a
very useful
feature for visualization of large mechanical assemblies (like aerospace
structures).
Is this possible, and if not, would it be difficult to implement. I would
like to give it
a shot and contribute the code if it works properly. (I just checked out the
paraview/vtk course list and I am considering enlisting for them. So an
writing an
explode filter for grouped cells might be a nice excersise :) ).

Thanks again and looking forward to other blog posts from Kitware!

Marco