[Paraview] visualizing vtk files in Paraview to show data changes maybe with two layers?

xiao guo xiao.guo.math at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 13:31:30 EST 2013

Hi all,

Sorry for sending again if you received this already,, but I did not
receive it .. it may fail to be sent..

I am trying to visualize some vtk files which are generally a series of
values of wave and sea level of some area. Now I can just save an animation
to show some movies of frame1,2,3,....
However, it is not clear for some regions that the values there are
changed. For example, when the wave goes to land, the value for the land
increases from saying 5m to 6m, so there is 1m flood however which is not
easy to see such small difference especially the change is even smaller
saying 0.2 m..
What I am thinking is to 1) keep the first frame which is the initial value
for the area as one layer or background with some color scheme; then 2)
based on the background from 1), difference between the values at step i
(i=2,3,...) and the initial value (step 0, background) are shown with
another color scheme, so both the initial image for the area and the
changes afterwards can be shown clearly.

But I am really not expert in such visualizing work or Paraview, so I come
here and ask for help. Anyone knows that if I can do such complicated work
in Paraview and how? Thank you all for attention!

Cheers,
Xiao Guo