[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] why when contouring by density does a color plot of density show more than one color?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 18 20:39:47 EST 2013

I believe Alan is right. The cell to point operation performs something of a low pass filtering of the data, meaning that extrema get smoothed out. It is entirely possible that is happening here.

It is strange that you cannot color by the point density. I would expect that to be output by the filter.

-Ken

Sent from my iPad so blame autocorrect.