[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] why when contouring by density does a color plot of density show more than one color?

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 18 19:58:35 EST 2013

Rich,
The vast majority of the ParaView team is crazy busy at SC.  I.e. if you don’t get an answer by next week, ping again.

OK, thinking out loud here – you are contouring by the density at the points (nodes), but coloring by a subtly different variable – density at the cells (elements).  Since you should have it available (coming out of the cell to point filter), how about coloring by point density?  (You can tell by the cute cube in front of the density variable – points look like ... um ... points.)  That’s the only thing I can think of...

Alan