[Paraview] CMake couldn't find VTKConfig.cmake file (trying to install pv-meshless plugin)

Yaroslav Vasyliv vasylivy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:43:21 EST 2013

Hi All,

I have successfully compiled and installed ParaView on Ubuntu 12.04.
However, now I am trying to install the pv-meshless plugin.  After I
compile ParaView and then try to compile the plugin CMake complains
and can't find the VTKConfig.cmake in the ParaView build folder even
though I can see the VTK directory and the VTKConfig.cmake folder.

Am I correct in thinking that once I point cmake running from the
plugin src directory to the correct Paraview build directory it should
then look at the cmake files there and rebuild what it needs? I am not
sure why it's not finding the VTK folder since I didn't change the
directory structure.

Also in the cmake gui for the plugin I don't see any variables to
specifically set to help it find the VTK cmake file (even when I
toggle). Which I am guessing I shouldn't since this should all be
specified in paraview cmake file.

Error:

 CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:45 (INCLUDE):
   include could not find load file:

     /VTKConfig.cmake

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,