[Paraview] building from source

Petar Petrov pip010 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:06:46 EST 2013

Hello to the entire community.

I did succefuly build paraview 4.0.1 from source.
However, upon start I briefly see the splash screen and get
"segmentation fault" right after.

I'm using a server (rug) machine with 16CPUs and old ATI card
 (ES1000) very old ATI Rage generation if not mistaken. So I use the
default drivers (open source I guess) coming with vanilla Debian. I
think software rendering is a better in this case?

from what I managed to find it is OpenGL realted.
the recomendation was to disbale Qt from cmake configuration and use
the mesa drivers.
However, this only cause a configuration error using cmake-gui.

I assume messa is the curent default opengl driver( I tried building
them from source but the depenadcies are just countless and I could
resolve all of them under debian :((( )

I run through ssh session from CentOS to the Debian server machine.
(if that has anything to do with it)

Any help in tackling this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Petar