[Paraview] Paraview 3.98 build error with ffmpeg

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Thu Nov 7 03:56:54 EST 2013

Thanks all for your quick answers!

Utkarsh,
I've downloaded ffmpeg-0.6.5.tar.gz  yesterday evening but it doesn't compile
with gcc 4.8. I've tried a newer versionffmpeg-0.6.7 but the problem remains.
The error was in ffserver.c with an implicit function declaration. I solved it
with adding "#include "libavformat/internal.h" in this file.
Paraview 3.98.1 compiled successfully this night with ffmpeg enabled.

Alan,
Yes I will use ParaView version 4.1 but I had some trouble compiling this
version with the boost library and paraview. May be there is also a recommended
version of boost to use. So I fall back to paraview 3.98.1 which is the version
in prod. I was needing to compile it back because
- I had disabled ffmpeg in the previous compilation
- I've a new version of MPI and GCC
- I've setup an infiniband connection between the nodes of my cluster to run
large visualizations.
So, moving to ParaView 4.1 start now as 3.98.1 has compiled with this new setup
and will be in prod this morning.

Thanks again

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |