[Paraview] Paraview and GPU

Birkan Tunc ahmethungari at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 09:47:15 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm using paraview on a Linux-64 machine with 4 cores. I run paraview with multicore enabled (4 cores). My video card is

NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430]. I have 16GB RAM installed.

Currently, the interaction with large datasets are very slow. The memory usage is at most 8GB, so I do not think it is a RAM issue. I assume that my videocard is not good enough. I'm considering upgrading it, but before want to be sure of everything.

My first question is whether I need to do anything special to make paraview use GPU. When I buy a videocard with a better GPU, will paraview utilize it automatically?

I'll appreciate your response. Regards

Birkan