[Paraview] Delaunay 2D question

Neil Ashton neil.ashton at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 09:24:46 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have a query regarding the optimal way of visualising some point data from an experiment & CFD.

I have several 2D PIV windows from an experiment which have between 100 and 800 points arranged at several x and y locations. In order to compare these against CFD simulations I output the data from the same points in the CFD solver.

To visualise them I currently use the CSV reader, table to points, and then the Delaunay2D filters to turn this data into 2D slices.

The problem I have is when I have a gap in the data i.e the shape is not a square but has an empty bit in the middle. The Delaunay 2D filter triangulates all the data and it therefore doesn't constrain to the boundaries of the data.

I have attached three files which hopefully illustrate my problem.

I wanted to ask if there is a way to constrain the Delaunay2D filter or use an alternative method to ensure that the shape of the PIV/data window is preserved. I'm sure this type of thing is done fairly regularly but I couldn't figure out how to do this in Paraview.

Many thanks,

Neil

[cid:3D9195D7-F2E8-491F-9DF8-01FCD09C213C at telpol.net.pl][cid:D1DE831F-C375-42C8-A89B-DC7256042F36 at telpol.net.pl][cid:5E61420C-D394-4582-8178-5C4D62B1F8E5 at telpol.net.pl]
Dr Neil Ashton MEng (hons), PhD CEng MIMechE

Research Engineer

Computational Fluid Dynamics Group
School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
University of Manchester
Manchester
M60 1QD
UK