[Paraview] 2D vector field data in Paraview

Kiyani, Khurom K.Kiyani at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Nov 4 13:14:06 EST 2013

Dear all,

I'm trying to export 2D vector fields from a MATLAB array to .vtk format to be read in paraview. I am currently using a modified version of a third-party routine developed by William Thecke

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/34310-matlab-3d-vectors-to-paraview-via-binary-vtk-file

I can finally get Paraview to read them because I basically zero all the z components, but I'm having problems doing streamlines and such from this. Is there something special I need to take into consideration when trying to view 2D stuff in Paraview?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Khurom Kiyani