[Paraview] (ParaView) Accessing variables (point data, cell data) in python? (INC000000694321)

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Fri Nov 1 13:12:14 EDT 2013

Is it possible that spaces in the pathnames are causing problems?

On Nov 1, 2013, at 9:44 AM, "Scott, W Alan" <wascott at sandia.gov> wrote:

> A user asks the following question.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan
>

> As a quick follow-up, Jeff mentioned that I could use any python interpreter.  I have been trying to get this to work on my Windows 7 PC, but I am having some problems loading the "python.simple" module.
>
> I've added several paths to my user environment variables (PATH and PYTHONPATH), but I still get the error:
>
>>> from paraview.simple import *
>
> ImportError: No module named paraview.simple.
>
> I'm guessing this is a simple problem with the interpreter not finding the correct path.  I just don't know where it is.  I've tried adding:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView 4.0.1\lib; C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView 4.0.1\lib\paraview-4.0; C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView 4.0.1\lib\paraview-4.0\site-packages;
> C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView 4.0.1\bin; C:\Program Files (x86)\ParaView 4.0.1\bin\Lib
>
> Do you have any idea what the solution is for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Bldg-453 Rm-4024, Mail Stop L-557
7000 East Avenue,  Livermore, CA, 94550, USA
☎ (office) (925) 423-9605
☎ (fax) (925) 423-6961
---
Information Management & Graphics Grp., Services & Development Div., Integrated Computing & Communications Dept.
(opinions expressed herein are mine and not those of LLNL)