[Paraview] Superbuild installation directory

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Wed May 29 08:12:50 EDT 2013

I want to set the installation directory using the Superbuild script, but it seems to be ignoring the value

My cmake command looks like:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/people/angel/pv-test/3.98.1_osmesa \
-Ddownload_location=`pwd`/../Downloads \
-DENABLE_boost=ON \
-DENABLE_cgns=ON \
-DENABLE_ffmpeg=ON \
-DENABLE_hdf5=ON \
-DENABLE_matplotlib=ON \
-DENABLE_osmesa=ON \
-DENABLE_mesa=OFF \
-DENABLE_mpi=ON \
-DENABLE_numpy=ON \
-DENABLE_paraview=ON \
-DENABLE_python=ON \
-DENABLE_qt=OFF \
-DENABLE_silo=ON \
-DENABLE_szip=ON \
-DGIT_EXECUTABLE=/usr/cta/CSE.20130220/Release/git-1.6.5.2/bin/git \
-DUSE_SYSTEM_mpi=ON ../Source

When I run "make install" it get a clean build, but the installation directory is in Build/install  rather than /usr/people/angel/pv-test/3.98.1_osmesa.    If I drop into the Build/paraview directory and rerun cmake to change the installation directory and then rerun "make install", I get the proper installation.       Am I setting the wrong variable when I run the cmake command?    This is the correct variable as described in the wiki page at http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Superbuild

I'm seeing this with 3.98.1 and 4.0.0rc2

Rick Angelini

USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Building 120 Cube 315