[Paraview] ANN: ParaView 4.0.0-RC1 now available for download

Gena Bug archaerolog at mail.ru
Thu May 23 06:06:22 EDT 2013

On Wed May 22 2013 21:56:04 Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Folks,
Hi!

My old python-scripts that works fine with 3.98.1 are now complains about
printing to file-object. May be I do it wrong? This simple script:

import sys
out = sys.stdout
if len(sys.argv) > 1:
    out = open('foo.txt', 'w')
out.write('foo\n')
out.close()
sys.exit()

works with 3.98.1 (and previous) but not with 4.0.0rc1:
$ ~/ParaView-4.0.0-RC1-Linux-64bit/bin/pvpython foo.py
foo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "foo.py", line 6, in <module>
    out.close()
AttributeError: 'vtkPythonStdStreamCaptureHelper' object has no attribute
'close'

Can you explain me how to get rid of this error? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Debian testing amd64, paraview 4.0.0rc1 downloaded from the site as binary
for linux 64bit platform