[Paraview] Paraview hangs in OS X

James Thunes j.thunes at gmail.com
Mon May 13 20:41:08 EDT 2013

Thanks for the suggestion. I used instruments.app on paraview while it was
hanging. Using the spin monitor, there were many different processes which
were hanging. Most of the time was spent on these operations:
libdispatch.dylib: _dispatch_mgr_wakeup
libsystem.dylib:  start_wqthread

Less time was spent during these calls,
libvtkPVServerManagerCore-pv3.98.1.dylib: vtkSMProxy::GetProperty(char
const*, int)
libsystem_c.dylib: szone_free_definite_size (on a number of objects in
QTCore and libvtkpqCore)

Time spend in other parts of the code are under 5% each. If it's helpful I
can provide a dump of all the calls captured by Instruments.

If anybody has any new suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

James