[Paraview] vtkTable Visualization

Stephan Rogge Stephan.Rogge at tu-cottbus.de
Mon May 13 10:43:09 EDT 2013

Hello,

I try to visualize a vtkTable with SpreadSheetView, Parallel CoordinatesView
and PlotMatrixView and observe some strange behavior while making a
selection of a certain row. To demonstrate the problem I've create to
scenarios:

### Scenario 1 with a ProgrammableSource and a Muliblock(vtkTable) output:

NumCols = 15
NumRows = 100
math = vtk.vtkMath()
pdo = self.GetOutput()
table = vtk.vtkTable()
for di in range(0, NumCols):
 d = vtk.vtkDoubleArray()
 d.SetName("Data Column {0}".format(di))
 d.SetNumberOfValues(NumRows)
 for dv in range(0, NumRows):
    d.SetValue(dv, math.Random() * NumRows)
 table.AddColumn(d)
pdo.SetBlock(0, table)

### Scenario 2 with a ProgrammableSource and a vtkTable output:

NumCols = 15
NumRows = 100
math = vtk.vtkMath()
pdo = self.GetTableOutput()
for di in range(0, NumCols):
 d = vtk.vtkDoubleArray()
 d.SetName("Data Column {0}".format(di))
 d.SetNumberOfValues(NumRows)
 for dv in range(0, NumRows):
    d.SetValue(dv, math.Random() * NumRows)
 pdo.AddColumn(d)

They both produce tables with same structure. The first Source encapsulate
it within a multi block set. This is being visualized as shown on the
screenshot (see attached).

When I start to select a row the SpreaSheetView in both cases the PlotView
and ParallelCoordinatesView highlights their corresponding data sets (as
expected). But after clicking in the active plot view (in the multi block
scenario 1) an Debug message occurs which says: "Uneven size for values."
and the changed selection is not being propagated to the other views. This
happens only in the Scenario 1 (multi block). In scenario 2 (direct vtkTable
output) I still can select a point in the active plot view after selecting a
row in the spread sheet.

Another observation is, that the active plot view recognize a single item
selection (single right-mouse-click) only in scenario 1 but not scenario 2.
Here I have to draw small rectangle to select one data point.

Can anyone reproduces this behavior?

Best regards,
Stephan