[Paraview] Isocontouring problem in coprocessing?

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Fri May 10 11:53:02 EDT 2013

I found the contours of bubbles do not appear in the output image in coprocessing although the slices appear as expected in the output image. I see bubble contours when setting up the pipeline in paraview client, so I know bubbles are there, but bubble contours do not appear in the output image by coprocessing. I tried to add a writer to write out contour output to see whether contouring itself happens or not, but only "Parallel MultiBlockDataSet writer" is enabled in "writers" menu for coprocessing, so I got an error "Input for connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkXMLPMultiBlockDataWriter is of type vtkPolyData, but a vtkMultiBlockDataSet is required" from vtkPVCompositeDataPipleline, so I cannot use this only enabled writer to write out vtkPolydata output for the bubble contour. It could be that contouring happened in coprocessing, but somehow did not get captured in the rendering image output. Since I cannot add a writer to write out contouring output, I cannot be sure about it, but I did not get any error from contouring. Wondering whether anybody has run into this problem before.

Thanks,

Hong