[Paraview] RHEL6 Superbuild error [Re: ParaView Digest, Vol 109, Issue 20]

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Thu May 9 10:51:19 EDT 2013

Rick, Utkarsh,

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 08:32:35 -0400
> From: Utkarsh Ayachit<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>
> Subject: Re: [Paraview] RHEL6 Superbuild error (UNCLASSIFIED)
> To: "Angelini,	Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US)"
> 	<richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil>
>
> Rick,
>
>> I'd take an option to not build the webkit and eliminate the help-subsystem if that'll get me a clean build.
>
> I'll put that on my todo list.

So I've built a recent git clone of ParaView on an RHEL 6 system, and
I too hit the webkit requirement.  (In fact, on my second build I'd
forgotten about it, so I got stalled on that myself.)

But I got a working/clean build by including the "qtwebkit" package.
Of course with RHEL, a lot of these packages aren't in the Redhat
repositories.  So, I found that by using the "epel" repository I
have access to that package.

Not that you don't know how to do this, but for others following the
thread, the I was able to add the "epel" respository with this
command:
	% su -c 'rpm -Uvh
http://mirrors.nebo.edu/public/epel/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm'

Of course, if there is a way to not include extras that require extra
package installs, that would be good too.

> Utkarsh

	Bill

--
Bill Sherman