[Paraview] vtkXMLCollection and hardcoded extensions.

Nico Kruithof Nico at nghk.nl
Mon May 6 06:11:35 EDT 2013

Hello,

I coded my own reader that produces image data, which works fine. Next I
wanted to load the data in a distributed system, where paraview spreads the
data over the nodes. I created a pvd file containing a collection:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian">
  <Collection>
    <DataSet file="offset_0_0.vti"/>
    <DataSet file="offset_0_1.vti"/>
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>
change to my own file format, my reader is not recognised anymore. From the
code it seems that there is only a limited and fixed number of data formats
supported.

What would be the best way to load and process the data in parallel?

--
Nico Kruithof
nghk.nl