[Paraview] dynamic variable names in pvython

Timothy Cale drtsc.para at gmail.com
Sat May 4 13:01:09 EDT 2013

I use paraview to visualize the results of simulations.

I use Trace in the paraview gui, in order to use the generated scripts to
help guide
the development of the pypython script I use to visualize my simulation
results.

I would like to use dynamic variable names, and note that the scripts
generated
by Trace seem to use dynamic variable names.

Aside: The driver for this is that the number of meshes I want to display
differs
with each simulation.

I have looked over python posts on dynamic variable names . . .

Question: How are the (seemingly) dynamic variable names created
in/by/during
Trace?

Regards,
Tim