[Paraview] Manta on Mac OS X

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri May 3 08:04:15 EDT 2013

Not sure why it isn't in the 3.98 release. I vaguely recall we had some
problems packaging it with mountain lion. Perhaps Sebastien remembers the
details.

It certainly can work on Mac (I did most of my development for it on Mac).
In ParaView we don't use any of the X11 display portions of Manta since we
just use it as an offscreen rendering library. Try ParaView 3.14 if you
want to take it for a spin.

In Mountian Lion if you want to run standalone Manta you can always install
XQuartz to get X11 back. Before Mountain Lion you didn't have to even do
that.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer