[Paraview] Paraview large CGNS file support

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Tue Mar 26 11:37:06 EDT 2013

I expect that the CGNS reader is converting some values, like the number of
elements in arrays to integers instead of keeping them as long long's.

I don't have a 64bit file that is over 2GB to test this behavior with. If
you are able to provide a location for me to download such a large file, I
might be able to see what is causing this problem.

Otherwise I would recommend that you look at avtCGNSFileFormat.C
in Utilities/VisItBridge/databases/CGNS. Primarily the
function avtCGNSFileFormat::GetVar. If you solve the problem and provide a
patch I would be happy to merge it into ParaView.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Benidovskiy Ivan <ivan at benidovskiy.ru>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem opening large CGNS files.
> My ParaView version is 3.98.1 64bit. My systems is Windows 8 64bit. I
> found that files >2GB are not opened. How do you deal with that?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Ivan Benidovskiy

Robert Maynard