[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] parallel readers?

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 25 12:29:56 EDT 2013

Anton,
I believe it depends somewhat on the reader, but your basic understanding is correct.  I know of three types of readers 1) those that have not been parallelized, 2) those that run in parallel, but will not spread an individual file among multiple servers (such as Exodus and Spyplot) (read in parallel, processing in parallel), and 3) readers that will spread a single file among multiple servers (raw binary reader) (I am not sure on the read, processing in parallel).

Alan